Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Motab Dancing!

Okay so it has been way too long since I succumbed... (is that the right way to spell it?) So thanks to some prodding from a loved one (ahem, Genn), here I am! So this year I auditioned for a show, and I think you've heard of it. It's the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. This year had guest Brian Stokes Mitchell, and he was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! He was so funny and down to earth! And Ed Hermann was awesome in his role as well. Friday night they held a signing in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and myself and my carpool and a couple other dancers went and got stuff signed. This is my carpool! Me, Clark Ripplinger (yes he's Monica's brother) and Kristi Winegar.

On the left is Carol Iwasaki, the choreographer, and formerly the head of the Department of Ballet at the U. On the right is Sue Allred, who designed all the costumes. She came even though she's in week 5 of a 6-8 week recovery from major surgery. These two women are awesome! This is Eric. He did my hair, and it looked fabulous, darling! And this is Ed. He did my makeup, and he found a shade of concealor for me that actually does away with my dark raccoon eyes! Now I only need to go and get it. He also gave me some lessons on how to apply eye shadow for the look I had. I went early enough every day so he would have time to do my makeup and Eric could do my hair.
This is Brianne. She did the concert last year with me. She was also a Eight Maids.
Sister Wiest and Julie. Sister Wiest and her husband are missionaries for the Choir. Julie was a Nine Ladies with me last year.
Jordanne and Justine are related somehow, though I never was able to figure it out. They were also Nine Ladies with me last year. Just kidding, they're twins! It's funny how many people didn't make that connection this year that they were...
Jessica Adamson also did it last year. She was one of the eight maids.
Tracie Torgerson looked hot in that dress! Gorgeous red head! Her little boy is four days younger than Eliza. And she reminds me of Stephenie Meyer for some reason too.
Liz Hales has got to be one of the most nicest and sweetest people I have ever met. I have never heard her say one mean or cruel or even sarcastic words to anyone.
This is Allison! I love this picture of her. She and I have a lot in common. She also has done this all three years I have.
And this is Whitney! She is Carol's neice, though everyone thought she was her daughter. Whitney danced my first year too, but in a different piece so I didn't know until last year that she was there.
And here's Traci, Jessica, Whitney, Liz, and me in our dressing room, mostly ready.
Here Brian and me. Brian's done this all three years too!
Watching tv while we wait to go on. It was a weird echo, because you could hear it from the microphones as well as from the tv.
A whole bunch of cool people from stage left! The dude in the back touching his eyebrow is Brady, and he and Liz are married.
My two extremely cool stage managers, Josh and Brandon.
I saved this picture for last because I think it's so cool! This is Mack Wilberg practicing the piano in the little theatre. He accompanied Brian Stokes Mitchell in The Impossible Dream (which always reminds me of Jason Pugh... I miss you buddy!) that they did kind of impromtu for President Monson.
I love doing this dancing every year, not only because I get to meet cool people but I get to see behind the scenes of the conference center! Rehearsals were only once a week, and I am planning on doing it again next year. Anyone can do it, it's not very hard!

4 comments:

Gennaveeve said...

Well worth the wait, thanks darlin! I'm glad you had fun and I'm really sorry we missed it =( Next year for sure!

kirsten said...

fo sho my nizzle!

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

Yeah! Loved seeing more pictures of you and the fun things you are up to. You are beautiful!

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

Kirsten! This is such a cool blog entry! It's fun to see the faces of the folks who do makeup and hair and such. Thanks for giving us a peek at what goes on behind the scenes! You are awesome!